Friday, May 15, 2009

Polar Bear WIP 6

Polar Bear WIP 6

Hope you guys are not tired by the constant updates! Today I managed to sneak in some time in the Polar Bear. I added a bit of white highlights on the backpack and laser arm, looking at the instruction booklet's image of the Polar Bear. The image showed the top portion of the back pack as very white, which is nice...
I added a decal on the blue stripe located on the helmet. Then I used a pin vise, a sharp blade and needle file to drill out some holes for the wires.
I used normal electrical wires for the legs, which are a bit thick but they are the thinnest I could find. Not as thin and flexible as the ones provided in the old Nitto boxes. I figured the legs needed slightly thicker wires for the power it needed.
For the arms, the black wires came from my spare Fireball box and the red, thicker one is an electrical wire. I super glued the wires to the laser arm and tuck the other end into the upper arm. Oops, one wire came out!
I also used black/brown Gunze and touched up the joint covers, and dry brushed a little bit on the feet and backpack... Not very happy with the feet though. Any suggestions?

No comments: