Monday, July 14, 2008

Sk362 Oskar (Modelkasten)

Another one of my favourite kits, the Oskar is my only Ma.K kit which is from Modelkasten and has resin parts included inside. Truly a multi-media kit, this features pieces of vacuum formed parts, one for the hull and the other for some parts, resin for the weapons and hull details, Neuspotter head and my favourite Eddy Amsel figure. This kit includes 2 different resin guns for the Oskar, a cannon and a linear gun. Won this kit also after a big fight at YAJ where it surfaces sometimes.
Take note that as the box is quite shallow, the 'bumps' on the main hull are often dented inwards. Fortunately for the kit I won, its only a slight dent. The bottom of the hull is not provided so need to scratch build.

The Strahl came up with the Oskar to save costs as the Neuspotter's anti-gravity unit costs a lot to produce and its also possible to give it heavier armament.

Details
Scale: 1/20
Type of material : injection molded, multi-media, khaki colored plastic, vacuum formed parts, resin parts
Number of parts: ? in many sprues
Decals: yes
Instructions: yes
Overall quality: Very good, virtually no flash
Overall accuracy: Accurate
Date of release: 2003
Release price: 9600 yen (price from HLJ)
Current Running price in YAJ: 11020 yen - 20500yen !!!

Pictures
box
contents
camo card front showing the different types of guns used. I like the top camo more.
camo card back
decals
instructions front
instructions back

Thoughts
I really really love this kit, even more than the Gans or the Krachenvogel. Don't know why, could be the hull which is very cool but I've never built anything like this before. From the Ma.K picture book, it lost a fight with a Gladiator, but I believe its just as powerful. I am saving it until the last to ever sell when I need to sell...

No comments: