Monday, December 8, 2008

Panzer Aufkalarungs T.W-47 Krote Review

Panzer Aufkalarungs T.W-47 Krote
One of the first Ma.K model kits I saw displayed at a local hobby shop was the Krote (well, a variant of it anyway), the Krote is an icon in the Ma.K universe. An unmanned A.I unit, it is armed with a mini-gun and follows other Strahl forces in their battles (based on the Ma.K books illustrations). I immediately identified that the hip and legs assembly are the ones used in the Gans, as well as some other biped in Ma.K. I bought it very early in my Ma.K adventure in order to try to build a Gans from it, but gave up the idea once I got my own Gans. Personally I don't really like the turret shape and weapon but that's me... After seeing some fellow modelers build and paint it, I am liking the design more and more...
I have used the mechanic in my Fledermaus build and replaced the cigarette his holding to a torch. Its not very detailed (as in most figures in that Ma.K Nitto line, the body and legs are in two halves that don't match up properly.

There are three variants of this model which I know of, the PAK (replaced the minigun with a tank gun), the Kuster for night-fighting, and PAK armed with a short barrel (shown in magazine but not sure if its an authorized version).

Now, on with the review!

Details
Scale: 1/20
Type of material : khaki resin
Number of parts: unknown, in 5 sprues with a mechanic figure
Decals: yes
Instructions: yes
Overall quality: Very good, little bit of flash here and there, heard the fitting is not good
Overall accuracy: Accurate
Date of release: March 1999
Release price: 2700 yen
Current Running price in YAJ: 6500 - 7800 yen

Pictures
Box

Contents

Sprues A, B and C

Sprue D and Figure

Multimedia (springs, wires, PE parts), instruction, camo card and decals


Camo card front

Camo card back

No comments: