Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nitto SF3D Neuspotter NS465 Review

Introduction
The Neuspotter is my all time favourite Ma.K kit. I don't know why, but I dig any Ma.K kit that uses the Neuspotter head unit (Krachenvogel, Oskar, Gans, THAT A, THAT B). That's a bad thing, because all of them are very expensive! :)
Anyway this kit which I won over at Yahoo Auctions Japan is an S.F.3.D original kit, old and opened. Its missing the camo card, which made me very angry. Even though I am not a camo card collector per se, I had expected the full kit considering the price I paid for it. Guess I need to be more careful next time when bidding.
The box is old and very brown, lots of character, with a little bit of stain (coffee?) here and there.

Now with the review...

Description
In March 2883, the Shutoral National Defense Force ordered the Weapon Development Service to produce a high power driverless reconnaissance weapon. However, development and production were far behind time owing to a change for the worse of output of antigravity equipment. It was at the end of September, 2884 that the Shutoral forces actually began to produce the driverless reconnaissance weapon with fine computer, seeker, and senor for reconnaissance capacity and silence in moving by the front, and each forces demanded to arrange the new weapon. However, the number of production of P.K.A. was prior to that of Neuspotter. Therefore the actual arrangement of Neuspotters was limited to a few superior forces. (H. Ichimura)
Chassis Nos................4001-
Crew....................................0
Weight (tons).................0.89
Length (metres).............1.65
Width (metres)...............2.04
Height (metres)................4.5
Engine.........................Dora NS465 a
Speed(km/hr).................230
Range(km)....................2,300
Radio............................FuG43 n
No armament
Armor(mm)..............20-50 Tungsten+10-20Special Heatproof Ceramic Armor

Details
Scale: 1/20
Type of material : injection molded, multi-media
Number of parts: ?
Decals: yes
Instructions: yes
Overall quality: Very good, little to no flash, although I find the head unit details a bit soft, but that's me...
Overall accuracy: Accurate
Date of release: unknown
Release price: unknown

Pictures
box front
box back
Neuspotter boxbox opened and contents
Neuspotter sprue A (head unit and 'urgent' boosters)Neuspotter sprue B (anti-gravity units which are actually 2 Star Wars AT-AT necks, and air filter)
Neuspotter sprue C (communication pipe, cylinder and misc parts)
Neuspotter sprue D (base memory unit)
and Figure sprue (Eddy Amsel, his stick is in 2 seperate parts, I don't understand why)
multimedia (wires, springs, light bulb, battery attachment), water slide decals and clear base
instruction page 1
instruction pages 2 & 3
instruction pages 4 & 5
instruction pages 6 & 7
instruction page 8
Thoughts & Comments
Before having this kit, I had always thought that thing poking out of the head unit is a machine gun or laser, but from the box back, its a 'Biovital Research'. So other than the scissors unit on one arm, this unit is basically unarmed. Such is Ma.K, units are under-armed.
Love this kit, I just wish it wasn't so expensive so that I can build a dozen of them and place them everywhere in my house... Its quite humorous looking, especially with the kid Eddy Amsel poking a stick at it. I don't know the story behind it, but the picture on the front of the box brings a smile to my face. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a one of these kits. With the camo card. What do you think is a fair price. I also have a Hornisse and Krote. Orignial SAF3D kits.Still in plastic.(not the boxes)

Sean A. Curtin said...

Sensational. Thank you ever so much for the photos, in particular the manual. I bought a kit recently from Hong Kong and thought I was getting a bargain. Alas it was an inferior copy of the kit with no manual. At least thanks to this I can put together something that will be a little closer to the original.

From now on I'm going Hobby Link Japan or somewhere from Japan direct.

All the best,
Sean A. Curtin

cyberwill75 said...

No problems, hope to see you work on your kit and post the WIP online!