Monday, February 27, 2012

Nutrocker wip : yellow


With the cool bluish gray done, I sprayed very thin coats of mr color 313 yellow which will be one of the two major colors of the squid scheme I will be doing. Took a while to get my airbrush groove back.

Notice that I left the shadow parts uncoated in the base color as the shadow effect. I kept referencing the photos I took earlier to see where the darker areas should be and avoid spraying them. Now this is quite experimental and I am not sure if this is alright. I keep thinking if I should use yellow plus a complementary color as the shadow or leave it as such.
What do you guys think?
It's not done yet as I will have to add yellow and white to spray the highlights on the top facing surfaces.
This is the book I have been reading and it was introduced to me by maxwinamp. Highly recommended!

No comments: