Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nutrocker and the case of the grill

Continued this build after getting very sick this week and now as my kids are asleep I finally sat down and did some work.
Using a drill bit and hobby knife, I opened up the engine cover by removing the plastic grill in situ and placed a fine wire mesh inside. The cover is firmly glued so I can't remove it. Not easy considering all the fragile parts I need to avoid breaking while cutting the cover! I did make a couple of parts fall off in the process but they are easy glued back.
Frankly when Francesco, whom I respect a lot mentioned to replace the cover, I thought he is trying to make my life difficult. But when Dainaka supported the idea, I though hey it might just be possible to do it as a challenge. Well 1.5 hrs later it's done and I am happy with the results.

Thanks guys for your support, and keep pushing me to do better!

As the doc in Back to the Future said: if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

No comments: